Yee-haw! There’s nothing like grilling a long hard day of work, and after a day on the range you deserve a cowboy burger. This BBQ burger delight is made up of 80/20 ground chuck beef, then topped off with cheddar, bacon, BBQ sauce, and some onion rings. No matter if you’re a law man or an outlaw this cowboy burger has everything you need.
We’ve stacked the bottom of this burger with some lettuce and tomato for that extra juiciness, but what really makes this thing shine is the combo of bacon, onion rings, and BBQ sauce. This is the match that made the west so wild. If you’re grilling these bad boys up back at the ranch, cookie would be proud.
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Slices Tomato
- 4 Pieces Lettuce
- 4 Pieces Bacon
- 8 Onion Rings
- 4 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- 4 Hamburger Buns onion buns
- Cut up the tomato and get the lettuce all set to go.
- Heat up the oven for your bacon & onion rings (or fry yourself if ambitious). And heat up the grill.
- Salt & pepper the ground beef and then divide into 8oz (1/2 lb) portions (or you can use smaller 6oz portions). Flatten into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns.
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Put bacon & onion rings in the oven for about 15 min (check packaging).
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Flip burgers and immediately add cheese. Put the buns face down on the grill. Cook until you reach the correct temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stack lettuce & tomato on the bottom bun, top with burger, then BBQ and the onion rings. Now enjoy that sucker!