Aloha burger artists! We’re going island style today with a Hawaiian burger. If you’ve never grilled pineapple, you’re in for a treat.
This is sort of the burger equivalent to a Hawaiian pizza, but better. We’re going to make a simple sauce using mayo and teriyaki sauce to add some additional flavor and then of course include some grilled Canadian bacon.
Mozzarella cheese also seemed like a good choice for this burger because you’ve already got tons of flavor here you don’t need to compete with. Make sure to lean over the plate, this guy can be pretty juicy.
If you’ve got extra pineapple slices, grill those guys up and serve them on the side. They’re too good not to. If the Hawaiian burger makes you want to hula, just embrace it.
- 1 Tbsp Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Slices Canadian Bacon
- 4 Rings Pineapple
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Mix Mayo & Teriyaki sauce in a separate container for sauce.
- If using fresh pineapple cut into rounds.
- Get your grill/pan/etc hot.
- Salt & pepper the ground beef and then divide into 8oz (1/2 lb) portions (or you can use smaller 6oz portions). Flatten into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns.
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Flip burgers and immediately add cheese. Put the buns and face down on the grill. Add pineapple & Canadian bacon to grill.
- Cook until you reach the correct burger temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes. Enjoy!