I’m excited to bring you a new kind of breakfast burger, the Strawberry French Toast Burger! You’re probably familiar with the traditional breakfast burger with bacon, egg, or peanut butter. But I bet you haven’t had a french toast burger!
My sister went out to a restaurant and sent me a picture of a french toast burger bun and that got me thinking, what a great idea! So I went directly to my favorite french toast topping, strawberries.
If you’ve ever had a gourmet burger that combines sweet with the savory burger meat you’ll know how well this can work. But if this is a new concept to you, trust me, it’s amazing. This strawberry french toast burger is no exception.
French Toast Burger Bun
First off the bun is french toasted. This works pretty much the same as any french toast, but you just need to coat the one side with the egg & milk mixture and put it on the greased pan for a couple minutes. Don’t use too much of the mixture to get it soggy. It’s optional but adding some cinnamon is a nice touch.
Then I coated the bottom bun with cream cheese. This give some nice extra flavor and goes great with the strawberry. Plus it’s not too sweet so it keeps the flavors nicely in balance.
Finally, I made a strawberry sauce to top this burger off. It’s pretty simple to make just cut up some strawberries into quarters and then put them in a pan with sugar, water, and a little vanilla extract. Don’t cook too long or they’ll get too mushy. You want just them to be just a little bit firm for a nice texture.
Now just put that burger on top of the cream cheese and spoon on some strawberries and a bit of the sauce. Enjoy your delicious strawberry french toast burger!
Strawberry French Toast Burger
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Cream Cheese
French Toasted Buns
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon optional
- 1 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Remove stems & cut strawberries into quarters & combine in a pot with sugar, water, and vanilla extract.
- Simmer over med/low heat until strawberries become soft (but not too mushy)
- Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon in a bowl. Lightly brush mixture on inner sides of both hamburger buns.
- Grease or melt a small amount of butter in a pan. Once medium/hot add buns face down and cook for about 2 minutes to turn to french toast.
- Add cream cheese to bottom bun.
- Get your grill/pan/etc hot for the burgers.
- Salt & pepper the ground beef and then divide into 8oz (1/2 lb) portions (or you can use smaller 6oz portions). Flatten into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns.
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Flip burgers and cook until you reach the correct temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add burger to bun & spoon strawberries and a bit of syrup on top. Enjoy!