The peanut butter burger is a gooey, but delicious mess.
Once you get the peanut butter on the cooked burger it’ll start to melt and become extra delicious. Make sure you’ve got some extra napkins on hand for this one, it’s worth it!
After the first time I had a peanut butter burger out at restaurant I told a friend they had to give it a try. Their immediate reaction was “ewww peanut butter on a burger?”.
Trust me, if you like peanut butter, you’ll love this.
Peanut Butter Burger Secrets
I’ve had some peanut butter burgers that weren’t great, and there are a few tricks to make sure it ends up tasting awesome. The main thing that can go wrong when making a PB burger is getting too dry. The best way to avoid this is making sure you don’t over-cook the burger. Another trick taken from the Blue Door Pub here in MN is to add some mayo.
We’re going to put some mayo on the bottom of the bun to keep this guy juicy. Then of course we’re going to top it off with some bacon. You can’t go wrong with that salty sweet meaty combo.
Peanut Butter Burger
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Peanut Butter chunky or creamy
- 8 Pieces Bacon
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Begin cooking bacon. You can put it in a pan, in the oven for 15-20 min at 400 degrees.
- Get your grill/pan/etc hot.
- Mix salt and pepper with the meat. Flatten into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns.
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Flip burgers. Put the buns face down on the grill. Cook until you reach the correct temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add cheese to burger about 1 min before it's done.
- Put a nice spread of mayo on the bottom bun. Add the burger. Spread peanut butter on top of the burger (it'll get melty and gooey after a few seconds). Top off with bacon & eat up!