Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I love the food. I don’t even care if it’s Thanksgiving or not… give me some turkey, cranberries, mashed potatoes, and stuffing anytime! I’m ready for it! Today’s Thanksgiving Turkey Burger will bring you right back to that Thanksgiving meal table anytime you want.
Making Cranberry Turkey Burgers
Have you ever eaten your turkey with cranberries? If not, you need to give it a try. Making a cranberry turkey burger was the initial thought here. To accomplish that, we’re going to double up on the cranberries. First of all, literally make it a cranberry turkey burger by mixing some dried cranberries into the meat. Then by topping it off with a cranberry sauce.
The cranberry sauce is really simple to make. Just take a can of cranberry sauce and mix in some horseradish and lemon juice. When tasting my first mixture I was a little worried that the horseradish was over powering, but once it’s on the spiced Thanksgiving turkey burger it’s really a nice compliment.
Thanksgiving Burger Flavoring
Next up is putting the turkey day flavor into the Thanksgiving turkey burger. We’re going the direction of some delicious stuffing to season up this burger. Start off with cooking some yellow onion and celery in a pan with olive oil or butter. Chop it up pretty fine and then cook until it’s tender.
Then mix that in the ground turkey along with some bread crumbs. Don’t forget this is also a cranberry turkey burger, so drop those dried berries into the mix. Finally, mix in some sage, thyme, salt & pepper to really kick up the flavor. Mix this all together really well so it’s evenly distributed.
My cranberry turkey burgers had enough oil from the veggies left to bind together well. But if you’re having trouble getting them to form you could add 1 egg to the mix.
There you go, the Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Recipe! Enjoy this whenever you’re craving a Thanksgiving meal. I have some leftover ingredients, so I think I’m going to go make more of these for lunch!
Thanksgiving Turkey Burger
- 1 Cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to flavor
Cranberry Turkey Burger
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery finely chopped
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 3/4 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Sage
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Arugula or Lettuce optional
- Combine cranberry sauce ingredients and stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Finely chop yellow onion and celery. Cook in oil over medium-high heat until softened (about 4 min).
- Mix cooked veggies with turkey meat, bread crumbs, seasonings & dried cranberries until evenly blended.
- Form into patties. If patties are too hard to form you can add 1 egg to the mix to bind.
- Heat grill, oven, pan. Cook burgers to 165 degrees turning once.
- Place burger on bun, top with cranberry sauce and enjoy!