The Mac and Cheese Burger proves that mac & cheese isn’t just for kids!
It may seem weird to top a burger with pasta shells, but let me tell you why making this burger was a delicious choice…
First off, you might think the noodles on the burger would be extra heavy, but they’re actually a good contrast with the burger. And the extra cheesiness helps out.
Have you ever had ‘gourmet mac and cheese’ that’s at a handful of restaurants? That’s the effect we’re going for with this mac and cheese burger. To start off we’re upgrading from the standard powdered mac to the creamier Velveeta Shells & Cheese.
Next we’re spicing it up with some diced jalapenos that give it a nice kick. Finally, we’re adding some bacon because why not make this even more delicious?
You could also take a look around for gourmet mac & cheese recipes and get some additional ideas like adding ham, peas, broccoli, mushrooms. Or make your own noodles and mix up the cheese options.
Mac and Cheese Burger
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Box Velveeta Shells & Cheese or make your own
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 8 Pieces Bacon
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Dice jalapeno and set aside.
- Begin cooking bacon. You can put it in a pan, in the oven for about 15min at 400 degrees.
- Get your grill/pan/etc hot & begin boiling water.
- Mix salt, and pepper with the meat. Flatten into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns.
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Put noodles in boiling water.
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Flip burgers & cook until you reach the correct temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Once mac is ready, mix with cheese and diced jalapenos.
- Stack up burger, bacon, mac & cheese and enjoy!