If you’re putting out a spread for company or contributing to a group meal, buffalo chicken dip is always a hit. Imagine turning buffalo wings into a creamy, cheesy dip that you can put on anything. Yum!
Buffalo chicken dip is a combination of:
- cream cheese
- buffalo sauce
- ranch dressing
- cheddar cheese
You’ll want the chicken to be cooked evenly and moist enough to shred easily. I wouldn’t normally boil chicken, but in this case it works best. After that’s done you can decide how you’re going to prepare the dip.
Variations on Buffalo Chicken Dip & Spice
If you want to experiment, there are a couple tweaks to the recipe you can try out. First, you can swap out the ranch dressing for blue cheese or top with blue cheese crumbles. This is a great option, but not everyone loves blue cheese, so know your audience.
Another option is varying the spice. This is by no means spicy for my taste, but some people are more sensitive to spice. To tame it down a bit just add less buffalo sauce or sometimes you can find a mild sauce.
Choose Your Cooking Method
The recipe I’m suggesting involves using a crockpot on low for a couple hours to cook the dip. This is an easy set it and forget it way to make the dip. Then you can transport it somewhere and just plug it back in to stay warm. If you don’t have the time to let the crockpot do it’s thing you can try baking it. Put the ingredients in a baking dish and cook for about 20-25 min at 350 degrees.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Side Options
There are tons of things that go great with buffalo chicken dip. It’s got a lot of flavor so I’d stick to things that have simple flavors. Some of my favorites are:
- tortilla chips
- celery sticks
- baguettes / bread
This dip is definitely not healthy but it’s a nice way to get some veggies in the mix when eating apps. It makes anything taste incredible. If you have any other great ideas to scoop up this dip with feel free to leave them in the comments.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Block Cream Cheese 8oz
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Buffalo Sauce less to decrease spice
- 1/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Food for dipping tortilla chips, celery, etc (see list above)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Cut chicken breast in half and boil in water until cooked (about 15min).
- Let chicken breast cool & then shred using hands or 2 forks.
- Cook in crockpot (or see alternative oven directions in article) by adding all ingredients & then top with shredded cheese.
- Set crockpot to low heat for 2 hours.
- Stir before serving with your choice of dipper (chips, veggies, etc).