Spice and blue cheese were made to go with each other. Now throw in some bacon and burger meat and you’ve got something special. This has been my favorite burger I’ve made so far… that jalapeño burn just really makes this blue cheese burger crazy delicious.
We’re going to do double jalapeños on this bad-boy, so dice half up and we’ll put that in the meat and then use the other half for some crunchy kick on top.
Next you’ll want to cook up that bacon. It can be tricky to cook bacon perfectly unless you’ve already mastered it. An easy trick is to just put it in a pan in the oven for 15-20 min at 400°.
To get the cheese to melt well you can either close the grill, or if you’re on a stove you can put a pan lid over the top of the burger to trap some heat and get it to melt quicker.
Enjoy the heat!
Jalapeno & Blue Cheese Burger
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% Lean / 20% Fat
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Leaves Lettuce
- 4 Jalapenos
- 8 Slices Blue Cheese
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 8 Pieces Bacon
- Dice and de-seed half of the jalapenos. Cut some round slices from the other ones.
- Begin cooking bacon. You can put it in a pan, in the oven for 15-20 min at 400 degrees.
- Get your grill/pan/etc hot.
- Mix salt, pepper, and diced jalapenos with the meat. Flatten into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns.
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Crumble the blue cheese.
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Flip burgers and immediately add cheese. Put the buns face down on the grill. Cook until you reach the correct temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Place lettuce on the bottom, then burger, sliced jalapenos and finally the bacon and enjoy!