What do you get when an awesome appetizer meets a delicious burger? The jalapeño popper burger!
Jalapeño poppers are a classic app to eat while watching your favorite team. As I write this the Super Bowl is coming up soon so I was looking for some burger inspiration.
Unfortunately, my Vikings don’t make it to the big game very often so I’m usually more focused just enjoying the event. That revolves around good food and I couldn’t think of a much better combo than a jalapeño popper burger.
And boy was I right!
Jalapeño Popper Burger Stuffing
I tried making these burgers a couple different ways: bacon stuffed & bacon wrapped. I think you could go either way with it. The stuffed version was a little more blended flavor and the topped version was more bacon flavor.
To make the filling I diced up two jalapeños. Then I added those to a half package (40z) of cream cheese in a bowl. Finally, take a fork and mix it all up so the peppers are evenly distributed.
Getting the Burgers Prepped
I made 6 sliders out of a pound of ground beef. So I cut the beef in half, and then split each half into thirds. You’ll end up with 6 balls of meat.
For each burger, split the ball in half and press it out thinly to make a bottom & top. These will be pretty thin, but don’t go so thin that they fall apart. If you do this on some wax paper it’ll be easier to lift up and avoid the thin patty sticking to the plate.
Add a scoop of filling to every other burger half and spread it out. Top it off with crumbled bacon. Then just put one half on top and carefully press the corners together to seal it up.
Cooking It Up
You can choose to grill these guys up or cook them on the stove. It’s cold here at the moment so I put some oil in a hot cast iron pan and cooked them that way. They’re pretty thin so they won’t take long (about 1.5min per side). On a grill they’ll take just a little bit longer, but not much.
Feel free to try this out out either in slider form or as a full burger. The process is exactly the same, just with a longer cook time.
There you have it! The jalapeño popper burger in slider form… now go enjoy the game!
Jalapeño Popper Burger
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 2 Jalapeños Diced
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Lb Ground Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 6 Slider Buns
- Wax Paper optional
- Preheat oven to 325. Put bacon on a cooking sheet & cook for about 20 min flipping half way through. (or cook on stovetop)
- Slice stems off jalapeños, cut out the cores to remove seeds. Then dice.
- Add cream cheese & diced jalapeños to a bowl. Mix with fork until blended.
- Divide burger meat in half and then divide each half into 3 to end up with 6 balls of the same size.
- Take each ball and divide in half for the top & bottom of a burger. Shape into two thin patties that are about the size of the buns. If you have wax paper to work on it'll help prevent sticking.
- Take a spoonful of cream cheese & jalapeño and spread onto half the patties. Crumble bacon and put on top.
- Take the other half of the patty and set it on top of the filled patty. Squeeze the edges together to form a single burger.
- Cook on grill or in pan on the stove turning once half way through. Note times will be shorter if making sliders (about 1.5min per side on the stove & maybe a few minutes per side).
View All Our Burgers