Today on Burger Artist we’re going to take a couple classic dishes and merge them together in a heavenly blend. Get ready to enjoy the taco burger! This taco burger recipe takes the great flavors of a taco and serves it up in burger form.
The first, and I’d argue most important, part of a good taco is flavoring the meat. The easiest way to get this done is to buy a taco spice packet and mix it in with the meat. If you don’t buy pre-mixed spices try adding a small amount of salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a larger amount of chili powder (check out this recipe).
Taco Burger Toppings
Now you add in your favorite taco toppings. The range is pretty big here, but I’ve gone with the more traditional taco toppings including:
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
If you want a quick way to top it, try buying a fresh pico de gallo mix. You can also try some of these other ideas for toppings:
- Taco sauce
- Pepper jack cheese
- Corn salsa
- Cotija cheese
- Lime juice
- Refried beans
- Tortilla strips / chips
Or if you like you can set up a taco burger bar with all the various toppings and let everyone top their own burger.
Here are a couple quick tips for stacking up your burger:
- Keep the juicy ingredients up top or you’ll end up with a soggy bun.
- You can use sour cream or refried beans on top of the burger as a paste to stick some toppings down.
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning or see spices in article
- 1 Tomato diced
- 2 Jalapeños diced
- 1 Onion diced
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Dice up any taco toppings (Tomato, Jalapeño, Onion, etc).
- Heat grill or pan with oil for burger.
- Mix ground beef with taco seasoning. Form into 4 patties.
- Cook burgers for about 3-4 min on one side and flip. Continue cooking until done (140F for medium) usually another 3-5 minutes.
- Add burgers to bun, top with sour cream and then add other toppings as desired. Enjoy!