It’s about time to get FANCY! Something about this grilled pear, blue cheese and walnut burger just screams fancy to me…. but the best part? It’s really easy to make.
The candied walnuts are the most intricate piece of this burger, but they’re also really simple and only take about 10 minutes. All you need to do is roast the walnuts in the oven at 350. Then while that’s happening throw some sugar, cinnamon, salt & milk in a pan and get it hot. Once the walnuts are done stir them in, and place them out to cool.
Simple as that! And you can even make these ahead of time and store them if you’d like.
Now, as I’ve mentioned before… grilled fruit is awesome. For this walnut burger we’re going to slice up a pear to put on the grill. If you’ve got a top rack, use that. Otherwise just make sure to keep the time short so they don’t get overcooked.
As if this pear & walnut burger couldn’t get any better… we’re gonna top this guy with blue cheese. Blue cheese has a powerful taste that the pear’s sweet flavor pairs with nicely (see what I did there?). Then the walnuts add in a really nice crunch and roasted flavor.
Depending on what flavors you’re looking for, I’d recommend going lighter on the cheese and heavier on the pear (3-4 slices) as that cheese can be pretty over powering!
The Grilled Pear & Walnut Burger is fancy and delicious… and so easy to make, you’ll be able to wow whomever you grill one up for!
Pear & Walnut Burger
- 4 Oz Walnuts halved
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef 80% lean / 20% fat
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Pear
- Blue Cheese
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place walnuts on a pan and cook in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a pan and heat for 8 minutes on medium high. Stir and cook until sauce is thick & gooey.
- Stir walnuts into candy sauce and add vanilla extract.
- Pour walnuts onto wax paper or tin foil and separate so they don't stick together.
- Slice pear in half vertically and then cut medium/thin wedges.
- Get your grill/pan/etc hot.
- Salt & pepper the ground beef and then divide into 8oz (1/2 lb) portions (or you can use smaller 6oz portions). Flatten into patties that are about 1/2 inch larger than the buns
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Add pear slices to the grill and cook only for a few minutes.
- Flip burgers and immediately add blue cheese crumbles. Cook until you reach the correct temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Place walnuts in blue cheese and top with grilled pear slices. Enjoy!